A leading Sheffield scientist has been awarded almost £200,000 by medical research charity Breast Cancer Campaign to investigate why a protein called Lysyl oxidase (LOX) increases the risk of breast cancer cells spreading to other parts of the body and in particular to bone. When breast cancer spreads it is known as
The Government is about to decide what it will spend its money on in future and with major cuts expected, we need your help to keep the research energy going. Take action now to keep the power on.
Join our E-Newsletter
Follow the breast awareness guide:
- Know what is normal for you
- Look and feel your breasts (upper chest and armpits too)
- Know what changes to look for (see signs and symptoms)
- Report any changes without delay to your GP
- Make sure you attend breast screening if you’re 50 or over.